Thursday, July 23, 2009

Donovan deal would set MLS record

AS Livorno plans to offer 10 million euros for the Los Angeles Galaxy's Landon Donovan, according to La Gazzetta Dello Sport, which would break the MLS transfer record. Striker Jozy Altidore went from the New York Red Bulls to Villareal for $10 million last year.

Donovan would finish the season with the Galaxy, then join Livorno during the December transfer session.

Livorno also hopes to add Houston midfielder Ricardo Clark and expects an announcement by Saturday.

3 comments:

  1. Wow! I always thought Donovan wasn't young enough to fetch that kind of money. If he goes for that ammount, then my hat's off to him.

    Wonder what Rico would fetch. Much less I'd imagine.

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Wow! I always thought Donovan wasn't young enough to fetch that kind of money"

    Did you see what he did in the confed cup? Looked like he was the best player on either team for every game they played, no surprise to me, I actually think hes going to wait for a bigger offer from a bigger team.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You know so many interesting infomation. You might be very wise. I like such people. Don’t stop writing.boston mls

    ReplyDelete